Tnpsc Current Affairs 4Th December
TNPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS 4TH DECEMBER post was posted here for the competitive exams like tnpsc group 2, tnpsc group 2a etc.,
TNPSC WINNERS provides various useful sources for tnpsc exams at free cost for the usefulness of competitors.
PREHISTORIC CAMPING SITE DISCOVERED IN LADAKH
- The Archeological Survey of India (ASI) discovered an ancient camping site.
- The ancient site was used by the pre historic humans.
- It is an seasonal site. That is the camping site is a place were hunter gatherers in the ancient times stayed temporarily before they moved on to another site.
- The site is located at the height of 4200 meters.
- Remains of bones and charcoal pieces also discovered there.
- Carbon Dating of these charcoal pieces, shows that the period was around 8500 BCE
7TH WORLD AYURVEDA CONGRESS
- 7th World Ayurveda Congress was held at Science City in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- It was organized by World Ayurveda Foundation with the support of Department of AYUSH
- Theme of the congress = Strengthening the Ayurveda Ecosystem.
- Also AROGYA EXPO was organized there.
- AYUSH = Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
DECEMBER 4, INDIAN NAVY DAY
- Every year December 4th, celebrated as Indian Navy Day
- The observance of the day commemorates the launch of OPERATION TRIDENT by the Indian Navy against Pakistan on 4th December 1971.
- During the 1971 India – Pakistan War, Indian navy destroyed 4 Pakistan ships and ravages the Karachi Harbour Fuel Fields.
- INS Nirghat, INS Nipat and INS Veer palyed a major role in OPERATION TRIDENT
- The Maratha Emperor, Chhatrapathi Shivaji is considered as, “the Father of Indian Navy”.
RBI TO INTRODUCE NEW 20, 50 RUPEE CURRENCY NOTES
- Reserve Bank of India is going to issue new 20 and 50 rupee currency notes
- It is in the Mahatma Gandhi series 2005
- All old 20 and 50 rupees notes will continue to use
- Only in new 20 rupees currency notes, there is an inset letter of “L” included in both number panels.
“STANPAN SURAKSHA” APP LAUNCHED TO PROMOTE BREAST FEEDING
- The Union Tribal Ministry launched a new mobile application named, “Stanpan Surakshan”, which promotes breast feeding and keep a tab on inappropriate promotion of baby food items
- For the first time in India, this type of mobile application will launched
- The application is developed for promoting breast feeding and baby food promotion reporting mechanism
INDIAN WOMEN’S TEAM WON T20 ASIA CUP
- Indian Women’s Cricket team, defeat Pakistan in the Final Match of Asia Cup Twenty 20 Tournament by 17 runs.
- The final match was held at Bangkok, Thailand.
- For the 6th time, Indian won the Asian Cup.
- Player of the Series = Mithali Raj (India)
- Most runs in the series = Mithali Raj (India)
- Most Wickets in the series = Sana Mir (Pakistan)
- for more – october current affairs
2016 MISS SUPERNATIONAL
- Indian girl Srinithi Setty from Mangalore, won the 8th edition of Miss Super National 2016 contest
- Held at Poland
- She also won the Miss Asia – Oceania
- Sirinidhi becomes the 2nd Indian Women to win this contest after Asha Bhat (2014).
- India is the first country to win Miss Super National twice in three years.
NICO ROSBERG ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
- Formula One World Champion Nico Rosberg announced his retirement
- Last week only, he got the Formula One World Champion title in final race at Abu Dhabi
INDIA, QATAR SIGNS 5 AGREEMENTS
- Indian and Qatar signed new 5 agreements to boost bilateral relations
- The agreements are on e-Visa, Cyber Space, Industries.
- Also India gives training to Qatar Police to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
VENEZUELA REMOVES FROM MERCOSUR
- South American Trade bloc, Mercosur removes Venezuela from the bloc
- It is due to failure in democratic rules and in trade laws
PETRO TECH – 2016 EXHIBHITION
- Union Petroleum Minister inaugurated the Petro Tech 2016 Exhibition at New Delhi
- It is one of the biggest oil and gas exhibitions in India
- Nearly 600 exhibitors from 50 countries will participate in it.
- Theme f the exhibitions = Hydrocarbons to fuel the future choices and challenges.