Tnpsc Current Affairs December 5 2016
TNPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS DECEMBER 5 2016 post shows the various information’s on the current affairs which used for the competitive exams.
TNPSC WINNERS, provides free materilas for tnpsc exams, which will be more useful for furhter studie.
WORLD’S FIRST POLLUTED RIVER DISCOVERED
- Researchers from the University of Waterloo in Canada, discovered the World’s First Polluted River, which is now in dry condition.
- It is in Wadi Faynan region of Southern Jordan
- It is believed that the river is polluted before 7000 years ago.
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL ON BIRDS
- Uttar Pradesh State Government launches, “International Birds Festival” at Agra, to promote the Eco-tourism in the state.
- In the 3 day festival, nearly 40 experts from the 26 countries has been participated.
- Also 100 Indian experts will visited the festival.
GANGADHAR NATIONAL AWARD
- Hindi poet Leeladhar Jagoori, will be honoured with the prestigious Gangadhar National award for the year 2015, given by Sambalpur University.
- He is 25th recipient of this award.
WEBSITE LAUNCHED TO EDUCATE WOMEN
- The Tasmania based Women’s Legal Service, with collaborated with an Indian Firm, to launch the website named, girlsgottaknow.in
- The purpose of the website is to educate the Indian Women’s for their legal rights.
ASIAN GOLF TOUR TITLE
- Indian Golfer Mukesh Kumar won the Asian Golf Tour Title
- He became the oldest golfer to win this title. He won this title at the age of 51.
TIMES PERSON OF THE YEAR
- Indian Prime Minister has won the Online Readers Poll for the TIME Person of the Year 2016
- Prime Minister beats World leaders Trump, Obama and Putin.
- For the Second time, our Indian Prime Minister won this (earlier in 2014).
- In 2015, it was won by German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.
NITI AAYOG TO PROVIDE 5 LAKHS TO EACH DISTRICT TO PROMOTE DIGITAL PAYMENTS
- To promote the digital payments in the entire nation, NITI Aayog provides an initiative to transfer rupees 5 lakhs to each districts.
- Aim = to give a boost to cashless digital payments systems across districts, taluks and panchayats.
INDIA CROSSES $300 BILION FDI
- India achieved the status of being a safe and dynamic investment destination in the world after it crossed the $300 billion in Foreign Direct Investment from April 2000 to September 2016.
- 33% of the Foreign Direct Investment comes from Mauritius.
- Services sector tops in the list of investments.
YAPPILY, INDIA’S FIRST SOCIAL AIDED ECOMMERCE PLATFORM
- Bengaluru bases startup company “Yappily”, becomes India’s first social Aided Ecommerce Platform
- Shows the new unique products and also used products.
AMAZON LAUNCHED LAUNCH PAD
- World class E-commerce giant, Amazon launches its Startup Program, “Launch Pad”, in India.
- To support Indian startups and scale up their Income.
DECEMBER 5, WORLD SOIL DAY
- December 5th celebrated as World Soil Day.
- Theme = Soils and Pulses, a Symbiosis for Life
DECEMBER 5, INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER DAY
- International Volunteer Day was celebrated On Every December 5th day
- Theme = Global Applause – give Volunteers a hand.
NEWYORK, MOST GEOTAGGED CITY
- New York has emerged as the most Geo Tagged city on Instagram followed by London and Moscow.
MOST ADMIRED LEADER IN TECHNOLOGY
- Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk has been named as the Most Admired Leader in the World.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos at the 2nd place, followed by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg at 3rd