TNPSC DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – DECEMBER 1ST 2016
TNPSC daily current affairs for december 1st important informations will be updated here. It will be more useful for the all TNPSC group 1, tnpsc group 2, tnpsc group 2a, tnpsc vao, tnpsc group 4 exams.
MAGNUS CARLSEN WON WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP
- Norway’s Magnus Carlsen won the 2016 World Chess Championship, held in New York, USA
- He defeats Russia’s Sergey Karjakin in the finals.
- He retains the World Chess Champion title
- It is Magnus Carlsen’s third consecutive victory in the World Chess series.
- He defeats India’s Vishwanathan Anand in the last two World Chess Championships title
CHANDRA BABU NAIDU COMMITTEE ON DIGITAL ECONOMY
- Union Government constitute 13 member committee to promote digital economy, i.e., cashless economy
- The committee was headed by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandra Babu Naidu
- The 13 member committee includes 6 Chief Ministers from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Sikkim, Pondy and Maharahstra
- The CMs of various states representing different political parties to examine and promote the use of digital payment system across the country.
DECEMBER 1 = WORLD AIDS DAY
- December 1 was observed as World AIDS Day across the world
- Theme of World AIDS Day was HANDS UP FOR #HIV PREVENTION
- On World AIDS Day, Union Health Minister said that, “we can end the HIV/AIDS challenge by 2030. We are now treating more than 10 lakhs patients with free ARV therapy”.
- AIDS = Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome
- First World AIDS Day was celebrated on 1988.
YOGA INCLUDED IN UNESCO’S INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE LIST
- India’s YOGA included in the UNESCO’s list of “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity”, during the 11th session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- YOGA becomes 13th intangible cultural heritage that has been listed from India
- The first one to be included is, KUTIYATTAM, SANSKRIT THEATRE from Kerala
- 12th one is Navroz festival
VISAKA – VITTIYA SAKSBHARATA ABHIYAN
- Union HRD Minister launches, “Vittiya Saksbharata Abhiyan” (VISAKA) in New Delhi
- Aim of the campaign is to encourage, create awareness and motivate all people around them to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
CYCLONE NADA HITS TAMILNADU
- Cyclone Nada has weakened into a depression in the Bay of Bengal and made landfall near Nagappattinam in Tamil Nadu, according to the Metrological Department, spawning heavy rain the coastal areas of the state and Pondy.
- The name NADA was Chosen by Oman.
XENOPHOBIA – WORD OF THE YEAR:
- “Xenophobia”, the word has been chosen as the word of the year by dictionary.com
- The word xenophobia, was the most searched word of 2016
- Xenophobia means, a fear of the other or a dislike of or prejudice against peoples from other countries
- Malicious software designed to attack Android smart phones has breached the accounts of more than a million users.
- Malware dubbed, “GOOLIGAN”, targets android devices using the Google powered operating systems.
BUZZ ALDRIN, THE 2ND MAN TO WALK ON THE MOON
- Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon has been evacuated from the south pole after falling ill
- He stays at United States Antarctic Research Center on Ross Island of Antarctica
THAILAND’S NEW KING
- Thailand Crown Prince Maha Vajralongkorn was formally proclaimed as King Rama X, the 10th king of Chakri Dynasty
4 NEW ELEMENTS NAMED IN PERIODIC TABLE
- The name of the 4 new elements are officially announced by the IUPAC
- IUPAC = International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Atomic Number 113, Nihonium (Nh)
- Atomic Number 115, Moscovium (Mc)
- Atomic Number 117, Tennessine (Ts)
- Atomic Number 118, Oganesson (Og)
NIHONIUM – ASIA’S FIRST PERIODIC TABLE ELEMENT DISCOVERY
- Periodic Table element with Atomic Number 113, Nihonium (Nh) has become the first ever element to be discovered by an Asian country after it was officially revealed by IUPAC
- Nihonium was discovered by Japan Scientists
SACHIN’S AUTOBIOGRAPHY WON CROSSWORD BOOK OF THE YEAR
- The autobiography of the India’s batting legend, Sachin Tendulkar, “PLAYING IT MY MAY”, has won the prestigious “Crossword Book of the Year Award” in the autobiography category
- It was penned by Sachin’s close friend Boria Majumdar
- The book already entered in the Limca Book of Records
SUPREME COURT’S ORDER ON NATIONAL ANTHEM
- Supreme Court on November 30, 2016 made it mandatory for cinema halls to play the National Anthem before the screening of a film in theatres across the country
- Under 51(A) of our Indian Constitution, it was the duty of every citizen to show respect when the anthem was played.
BSF CELBRATES 51ST RAISING DAY
- The BSF (Border Security Force), the biggesr border guarding force in the world celebrated its 51st anniversary of raising day
- The BSF was established in December 1st, 1965
2ND ICCR AWARD TO PROF, YU LONG YU
- 2nd Indian Council for Cultural Relations award given to Chinese Professor Yu Long Yu
- Presented by the Indian President Shri Pranab Mukherjee
- 1st ICCR award won by, Prof. Heinrich Freiherr Von Stietencron of Germany
Read more: tnpsc current affairs download
SCIENTISTS CREATED WORLD’S FIRST WATER WAVE LASER
- Scientists from the Israel, created the world’s first water wave laser
- That emits a beam through the interaction of light and water waves
TEAM INDUS, TO LAUNCH INDIA’S FIRST PRIVATE MON MISSION IN 2017
- TeamIndus, a private aerospace startup company from Bengaluru is planning to send a spacecraft to the moon aboard on ISRO rocket on December 28, 2017
- It will be the India’s first private moon mission to be launched
BRICS AND EMERGING ECONOMIES UNIVERSITY RANKINGS
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), has become the first Indian institute to be placed in the top 15 Universities among the top 300 Universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) BRICS and Emerging Economies University Rankings
- Indian Institute of Science at top 14th place
- IIT Bombay at the place of 26
- IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur, shared the place of 32
- IIT Madras at 35th place
4 INDIAN BORN CEO’S ON FORTUNE BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR LIST 2016
- 4 leading Indian born CEOs have been named in Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year list, that is topped by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg
- Microsoft’s Satya Nadella at the 5th place
- CEO of Milwaukee based water heaters Ajit Rajendra at 34th place
- HDFC bank’s managing director Aditya Puri at 36th place
- Master Card’s Ajay Banga at 40th place
7TH WORLD AYURVEDA CONGRESS AND AROGYA EXPO
- With the support of the Ministry of AYUSH, the World Ayurveda Foundation is organizing 7th World Ayurveda Congress and Arogya Expo , held at Science City in Kolkata
- Focus of the Ayurveda meet = Strengthening the Ayurveda Ecosystem
- Aim = to facilitate development and growth of AYUSH system of medicine
ISRO PLANS TO LAUNCH 83 SATELLITES
- ISRO plans to launch 83 satellites soon, of them 80 from foreign nations and 3 from India
- 80 satellites weighing 500 kg belongs to 5 foreign nations (Israel, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Switzerland and USA)
- 3 Indian satellites are CARTOSAT-2 weighing 730 kg, INS-1A and INS-1B weights equally 30 kg
READ MORE: TNPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS JULY PDF DOWNLOAD
HIMACHAL PRADESH RAJ BHAWAN ADOPTED CASHLESS SYSTEM
- Himachal Pradesh’s Governor Office Raj Bhawan adopted the cashless system of payments
- Adopted the cashes system for all kind of payments
- Governor Acharya Dewrat has directed Raj Bhawan’s officials to use a cashless system or cheque in all kinds of payments
GLOBAL ENABLING TRADE REPORT ON CROSS BORDER TRADE
- India ranked 102 on 136 nations in terms of enabling cross border trade
- Singapore got the first place followed by Netherlands and Hong Kong
- With regard to India, the report said most problematic factors for import includes high cost or delays caused by domestic transportation, crime and theft, corruption on border.
INDIA BUYS 145 M777 HOWITZERS FROM USA
- India has signed Government to Government deal with the US to buy 145 M-777 Ultra Light Howitzers worth 5000 Crores under the Foreign Military Sales Programme
- The deal was signed at 15th India – US Military Cooperation Group Meet held in New Delhi
AKODARA, INDIA’S FIRST DIGITAL VILLAGE
- Akodara village in Sabarkantha District of Gujarat becomes, India’s first Digital Village
- Nearly 1200 people lived in the village and most of them uses various cashless systems for payments of goods and services
- The village was adopted and developed by ICICI Bank
GOA, INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS DIGITAL STATE
- Goa becomes India’s First state to operate cashless in the country from 31st December 2016
- This announcement was made by Defence Minister Manohar Parikar, who is also the Former Chief Minister of that state.
READ MORE: SEPTEMBER TNPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS